Los Angeles is a Hollywood city. In fact, it is commonly known as the city of ‘stars’. Think of the chasing paparazzi, think of annual motor shows, this is undoubtedly two major reasons why a star, upcoming star, or even a non star ship a car to Los Angeles. With these annual car shows, fans come down to Los Angeles to watch and have fun. Businessmen bring their custom cars for demos or for selling during the shows. Customers both locally and internationally come to watch and buy these cars and therefore car shipping and Los Angeles auto transport companies comes in handy to make sure this happens.
Car shipping in Los Angels is facilitated by a reputable auto transport companies work together to ensure smooth transition of shipped cars to their destination. They ensure that the drivers are experienced and licensed and then collaborate with the department of transport to verify their documentation, insurance and other licenses.
The following are 7 tips to consider when shipping your car to and from Los Angeles.
- Make sure to maintain an open communication between you and the shipping company.
- Disclose all your vehicle specifications to make sure the entire dimension fits the carrier of your shipping company.
- Inquire from the shipping company, your ground clearance. This avoids bumping the parts of your car to hard surfaces.
- Let your shipping company know whether your car is in good moving condition. This avoids any unnecessary delays, since prior arrangements of any lifting equipment are made in order to winch your car up and down the truck.
- Have a spare key. This will come in handy in case the driver misplaces the original one.
- Disclose all your car features. Let your shippers know of any accessories, extensions or modifications in your car. This will avoid unnecessary delays or surprises.
- Prepare your car for shipping. Check all the necessary information in your shipping company’s website and be ready in advance as well. Remove all the personal belongings and drain the tank to about a quarter full.
Shipping your car is easy with auto transport companies around. Just relax and take a flight to your destination and your car will be with you in a short while.